I first got a version of this meal in a Hello Fresh box. It was simple enough to make that I wanted to keep it around, but modify it for our family.
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp grated fresh Ginger
- 3/4 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 tbsp Thai Seasoning
- 1/3 cup Snow Peas
- 3 bunches Baby Bok Choy
- 3 drops Lemongrass Vitality Oil or 1 piece
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Oil (for cooking)
- Prepare Veggies – Trim your snow peas, wash and chop bok choy. Peel and grate ginger.
**if you are using lemongrass peel outer layer, cut in half lengthwise and tap backs with wooden spoon**
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch chunks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in skillet pan for chicken
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in pot for rice.
- Add rice and half your ginger to pan, toss and cook until fragrant. Add 1 1/4 cups of water of high heat until boiling. Reduce heat and cook for 12-14 minutes.
- Add chicken to pan, cook until brown and cooked through (about 6 minutes)
- Add lemongrass (2-3 drops if using oil), remaining ginger, thai seasoning and stir. Once fragrant add coconut milk, soy sauce, 1/4 cup of water and sugar. Bring to boil over high heat
- Reduce heat to medium and add veggies. Cook until veggies are tender crisp (about 3 minutes). If you used actual lemongrass, remove and discard.
- Take your rice and fluff with fork in pot, then serve in bowls and top with lemongrass chicken.
- Serve and Enjoy!
I suggest grabbing some of your favourite Naan bread to enjoy.