- 2-3 carrots washed and chopped
- 5 medium sized white potatoes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 box 946mL low sodium chicken broth (or your preferred broth type)
- 1 can 10oz coconut milk
- 1 tsp thyme
- Salt to taste ( I used Gustus Vitae because the flavours are unreal)
Making the Soup
Saute the onions in a large soup pot.
Add the potatoes and carrots, thyme and chicken broth.
Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender.
Use an immersion blender until desired consistency is reached. Pour in the coconut milk, stir, and season with salt to taste.
- Garnish with Rosemary if your feeling fancy and ENJOY!
It is the easiest soup. The kids were willing to eat it (and neither of them will usually touch soup!) I also found that it made for a great sauce as left overs during the week with rice or gnocchi.
Definitely a recipe we will be using over and over throughout the cold months.
If you give the recipe a try let us know what you thought!