If you know me well then you know that I have a chocolate allergy. Most of the time I could care less, but every now and then I want nothing more then a chocolate chip muffin! It was on a day like that in which I created this (dare I say) masterpiece recipe. The best part, you can use this as a base and then add anything you want to make a muffin of your dreams!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2/3 vanilla almond milk (regular milk works great too)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sea salt caramel chips
Make your muffins
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, milk, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined and no flour streaks remain.
- Fold in the 3/4 cup of the sea salt caramel chips.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Top batter with remaining 1/4 cup chips, a few in each cup.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425 degrees and then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for an additional 15 minutes
- this is a pro tip that you should do for all muffins always! I learned this from Sally at Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Should make 1 dozen muffins
ENJOY!! These are so fun and yummy, you will have to fight your kiddos for them.